Where does the time go? I mean just look at him compared to his 2 month photos! Is it just me – or is he growing way too fast!? At just 3.5 months old – this little guy has stolen our hearts!! I can’t even express the love I have for him and the joy he brings to my life. Now I know what all of those moms have been talking about for so long. So I’ll always remember, I wanted to make sure to take note of some of my favorite things about him right now…
- His head to toe SMILE… he genuinely smiles with his whole body and I love it!
- His toes are … well … simply the best! I could play with those feet all day long!
- His beautiful blue eyes!! Not sure how we lucked out with that – but I adore those eyes!
- Our mornings together. He wakes up with the best “I Love You Smile” and I swear he’s saying…”Mom – I’ve missed you since I fell asleep”
- He’s fascination with himself and the mirror – he knows he’s pretty special.
- His eager playfulness with his activity mat and anything hanging above his head.
- The way the outdoors completely calms him down.
- The look that he gives me during his feedings… I know he’s saying…”Thank you & I love you”
- His strong effort to mimic our mouth noises.
- The fact that he soothes himself to dreamland when I hold him close (even though the critics would say – ‘Put that baby down to sleep AWAKE!’)
- How he holds his blankie tight and gets excited when I bring it to him fresh out of the dryer.
- This boy loves to try and stand…He is literally in a better mood when I hold him up and let him put his weight on his legs and feet – he loves it!
- I love/hate this one… TELEVISION – this child is obsessed with TV! So I’ve been making a pretty strong effort to keep the TV off and music on all day. Otherwise he would never blink and just stare at it!
- MASSAGE – how can I forget…He loves baby massage time! He’s got some pretty dry skin on his legs so every night and morning I massage them with this ointment that he loves. I’m probably creating a spa baby early…
I could go on and on – but these are the things that I adore the most about him right at this moment. Most of all I love that he came into our lives, rocked our world and forever changed us both for the better.
I love you so dearly Max…
leave a comment